do88 Intercooler Kit - Audi MQB/e 2.5T
Upgrade the performance of your Audi RS3 8V with the do88 Performance Intercooler Kit!
Engineered as a direct OEM replacement, this kit features a sizeable 97 mm core from Garrett Motorsport, under all conditions rated to 1000 HP! Experience a significant increase of power and torque, thanks to our design that ensures maximized airflow and remarkably cooler intake temperatures. Perfect for high performance and track cars, this kit is your ticket to true performance.
The biggest obstacle when designing a performance intercooler for the RS3, is the OEM crash bar, which often limits both the physical size of the core and blocks the ambient airflow to the intercooler. To avoid any such compromise, a new chromoly steel crash bar with Ø 40mm (1 5/8”) tubing is included. It installs just like the OEM unit, but allows unrestricted ambient airflow and the provides better space for a bigger core. The mounting points for your ACC ,Adaptive Cruise Control, radar sensor and ambient temperature sensor are kept the same. Naturally, do88 AB has not conducted a formal crash test, and it may not meet road legality standards for the designated country, but the rigidity of this crash bar makes it ideal for high-performance track cars.
The intercooler core, designed and crafted by esteemed Garrett Motorsport, utilizes advanced Aerospace technology. The core is constructed by densely packed with thin cooling fins that offer very efficient heat transfer, thereby ensuring optimal performance. The airflow is efficiently distributed evenly over the core via our uniquely designed, free form cast end tanks. After many iterations of CFD-analysis, 3D-printing and flow bench testing, we've perfected a design that offers maximum airflow. Form follows function – our 80 mm machined connections far exceed the OEM design in terms of dynamics, eliminating bottlenecks and allowing high power outputs. To our knowledge, do88 is the only brand that has gone above and beyond by enlarging the hose connections to eliminate those bottlenecks. Crucial for turbo efficiency to reach the high numbers!
To ensure compatibility with the larger connections, the kit includes matching silicone hoses that connect with the OEM charge pipes. The welding is done in-house at the do88 facility in Sweden, guaranteeing top quality.
With the OEM intercooler often falling short in performance on tuned cars, an upgrade is a must for this otherwise very capable platform! Regardless of whether your vehicle is at standard boost levels or highly tuned, our intercooler kit dramatically improves performance over the OEM intercooler.
During tough temperature tests on a closed air strip, not only did we see a reduction in intake air temperature, but the Dragy device installed in the car, showed a consistent reduction in 100-200km/h acceleration time by a half second with our intercooler in place! While it may sound modest, this is a considerable gain witnessing of the power increase.
- Increased core volume: 118% larger than OEM. 18102cm3 compared to OEM 8307cm3.
- Increased active cooling area: 80% larger cooling area, 1866 cm2 compared to OEM 1038 cm2.
- Lower inlet air temperature under identical conditions: 23°C compared to OEM 55°C. An impressive 32°C lower! Exact figures to be found in the diagrams under the product pictures.
- Increased airflow, lower pressure drop: @ 0,125 bar / 1,81 psi pressure drop: 526 CFM (432 CFM), 22% higher! Precise CFM values available in the diagrams under the product pictures.
- High density, motorsport-grade Bar&Plate core from Garrett, capable of handling 1000hp.
- Unique 3D, free form-designed cast end tanks.
- Easy installation, no modifications needed (except on TTRS).
- Chromoly crash beam that doesn´t obstruct ambient airflow.
Boost the performance of your Audi RS3 8V's with the do88 Performance Intercooler Kit!
We Also Recommend